These Oven Baked Boneless Pork Chops are quick and easy to make yet come out incredibly juicy and flavorful! Our Smokehouse Bourbon Rub adds a rustic flavor to the chops that pair well sliced over a salad or with a side of buttery mashed potatoes.
Tip from our Pit Masters: Choose chops at least 1 inch thick. 1 ¼ inch is even better. If you can only get thin-cut chops at the store, look for a 2-pound pork loin and cut it into 4 chops yourself. Choosing thick-cut chops helps to keep them juicy.
1. Start by lightly pounding the chops between two pieces of plastic wrap.
*You do NOT want to flatten them. You do want to pound them to break up some of the fibers to help tenderize the meat. (4-5 smacks on each side will do)*
2. Rub the chops with olive oil. Make sure to cover both sides and the edge.
3. Evenly sprinkle all sides of the chops with Smokehouse Bourbon Rub.
4. Place the chops on a baking rack in a rimmed pan lined with parchment paper. The paper keeps cleaning up to a minimum.
5. Bake the chops at 400°F for 6 minutes per ½ inch thickness (this means if your chops are 1 inch thick, you’ll bake them for 12 minutes); OR until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. Turn on the broiler and broil the chops for 1-2 minutes until they are nicely browned.
6. Remove the chops from the oven, and let them rest for 5 minutes. Using a meat thermometer, make sure the temperature has risen to at least 145°F before serving!
Don't forget to tag and share with us if you make it!